Sunday, March 17, 2013

Selena Gomez on Racy Spring Breakers Role

Selena Gomez on Racy Spring Breakers Role: It Was My Mom's Idea,
Selena Gomez felt fearless going into filming for upcoming flick Spring Breakers, she recently told reporters -- especially since her mom was one of her biggest advocates for doing the racy film.
"I wasn't scared. I definitely wanted to do this," she told reporters of deciding to shed her wholesome Disney image. "I thought it would be a great opportunity for me, and Harmony [Korine, the director] explained the movie perfectly and that's the reason why [I chose to do the film]."
PHOTOS: Selena Gomez at the Spring Breakers premiere
"I didn't really know what I was getting myself into but while we were there, it was incredible to create and to play and it was liberating," she continued at the Saturday, March 16 press junket.
The 20-year-old actress joined a star-studded cast -- including fellow Disney alum Vanessa HudgensPretty Little Liars actress Ashley Benson and Benson's rumored beau James Franco -- to tell the story of four girls who find themselves in jail after robbing restaurant to fund their spring break shenanigans.
PHOTOS: Selena's sexy red carpet style
But Gomez told E! News that despite any uncertainty she had initially, her mother was always one of her biggest supporters.
"She loves this kind of vibe," she said. "She's super into indie movies and indie directors … I think it was more of her pushing me and being like, you should go for it."
One of the costars' greatest fears going into film, however? Stripping down to nothing but a neon-colored bikini, she said. 
PHOTOS: Selena and Justin back on the PDA
"I think it added a sense of vulnerability to the characters too when you see them in jail in that state, and a bikini adds a whole other element because they are girls and they are exposed and they should be cold and that's not really a comfortable setting," she told reporters.
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Selena Gomez on Racy Spring Breakers Role: It Was My Mom's Idea, "I Didn't Really Know What I Was Getting Myself Into"

No comments:

Post a Comment